Master of Science in Law Learning Goals
Distinguish yourself from your peers and navigate the law with confidence. Upon completion of the online Master of Science in Law program, you will have been given the skills to:
- Interpret statutes, regulations, and legal decisions affecting your work and translate legal language for those not trained in law.
- Make effective and well-rounded decisions about when to use, and how to work with, legal counsel within their professions.
- Select appropriate strategies for dispute resolution within and between organizations.
- Manage obligations under state and federal regulations and, in appropriate cases, represent your organization before administrative bodies.
- Evaluate business agreements and analyze provisions therein that help protect your organization’s legal interests and achieve its business goals.
- Appraise the ethical implications in opportunities and choices, and make ethical decisions in the face of countervailing pressures.
- Protect the privacy of records in the care of an organization and comply with appropriate exceptions requited by law.
- Manage business risks to avoid legal liability, and react productively in the case of an accident or claim.
- Perform ongoing critical self-reflection from academic and work-based experiences to assure professional development and responsibility.